Last month we celebrated Alter Aeon's 24th anniversary! It is our sincere hope that everyone who was able to participate in the anniversary event had a good time. Our next worldwide event will be in March.
In January we saw the following additions to the code:
- a level 26 druid skill 'wickercraft', so you can finally do something with those bundles of sticks you keep gathering
- a level 38 druid skill 'wicker effigy', for a bit of voodoo flavor
- a level 38 warrior skill 'indomitable will', which allows warriors to break free from immobilizing effects such as entangling roots and prison spells
- the reorganizing of warrior weapon improvement skills, which places 'hone weapon' at level 16
- a level 38 necromancer spell 'coffin', for weaponizing prison spells
- a level 38 necromancer skill 'infernal visage' that turns you into a romping, stomping demon creature
* and *
- additional options to 'consult demon' to help find objects for jobs or change alignment
You can now specify a direction when scanning. Carried containers can now be emptied into other carried containers, or onto tables. A 'rune' command was added for looking up runewords, and the 'preservation' spell now works on harvested bones and skins.
Upcoming February additions to the code will include:
- the option to split spellcomps, herbs, and most other splittable items into specific amounts
- small tweaks to metallurgy for more variety in jewelry stats
- changes to the 'soulsteal' spell to make it easier to use and more fair in groups
- additional level 38 abilities, probably for the mage class next
And much, much more!
In the building department, we had two new areas released last month:
- Cliffside Island, a level 43 group 4 zone for Gianasi
- Ishi Province, a level 41 zone for Suboria
Our building teams are working toward a number of new areas for all different level ranges. For more information, please see our Youtube presentation at
We're also making a renewed effort at keeping the Alter Aeon wiki relevant. You can visit the wiki at