- Title near top, "MUDs" -> "MUD"
- To me its unclear: What does the "Category" of the MUD influence? Because the rest only pop up once you've chosen, this leads me to think that it influences what I'm shown once I select something. If that isn't the case, consider showing the rest regardless of category; or is that an implementation detail of whatever module it's using? (if so, perhaps add category as a regular field and auto-select a category in a hidden field or something)
- What are you expecting in "Codebase Details"?
- Under MUD status, I find the categories confusing, and some of them I don't understand the difference between. Alternative suggestion: "Initial development" -> "Stable and actively updated" -> "Stable and no longer updated". I figure if you're listing the MUD, you're open for play testing -- so no need for a stage prior to that.
- Are the class/race/level-related questions a direct port from TMC, that we've ported as-is to maintain consistency? Otherwise, I kind of feel they're trying too hard. For example, you could answer 'Yes' to class-less system and 'Yes' to multiclassing, which is confusing ^^
- "Equipment System" and "Crafting System" seem to need a "Not Applicable" option too.
- I'm not too keen on Summary and Description being at the bottom, I kind of feel there should be some mandatory fields up top, then summary/description, then the whole slew of optional specifics about your MUD. But not sure how that'd look.
Personally I'm not much for the radio-box / multi-select way of describing your MUD, but I'm probably in the minority there - I know it's been the done approach on TMC and other places for a long, long time. YMMV.
Something I would love to see is the ability to sort by number of races and classes, or at least some kind of "few", "medium", "many", "absurdly many" metric, versus the current extended or not extended.
I've removed the extended race selection and extended class selection options.
In its place I've added Number of Starting Races, Number of Advanced Races, Number of Starting Classes and Number of Advanced Classes. Starting Races/Classes being those that a new player/account can select and Advanced Races/Classes being those that need to be unlocked somehow after character/account creation.
Please note that existing listings will need to update their listing accordingly, as there was no real way to transfer data between an on/off switch and a specific number.
I'm looking into how to add those fields to the ordering drop down on the directory pages.
d20MUD Star Wars: Role Play, PvE & PvP using d20 and SAGA rules
d20mud.com port 6000