Come join an Empire or start your own!
After 13 years of EmpireMUD 1.0 and 2 years of alpha development, original EmpireMUD creator Paul Clarke has released the beta version of EmpireMUD 2.0. Come check us out and experience the thrill of a MUD unlike any other.
Check our website to see the world map, and for a link to the GitHub project where you can get your own copy of EmpireMUD's codebase.
EmpireMUD's emphasis is on politics, trade, building, and resource management rather than combat. Players join existing empires or found their own to forge powerful alliances.
* ASCII map navigation in a huge 1800x1000 user-modifiable world
* Screenreader mode allows easy map navigation for the visually impaired
* Your class is based on which skills you focus on
* Over 300 unique abilities to choose from
* Unique building & crafting system with 230+ buildings and 620+ crafts
* Delve into 35+ instanced adventure zones
* Active programmer adds new features and content weekly based on player input and feedback
* Support for MSDP and MXP
Our newest adventure zones are: Guild of Adventurers, Permafrost, Monsoon Rift, Colossal Red Dragon (full update), Hidden Chamber of Neferkare, Volcano, That Damned River, Unstable Portal, and Lost Temple.
Visit the homepage for help or use the INFO command. JOIN AN EMPIRE to get started -- or found your own!
Now on Facebook! Like the fan page and join the discussion group!
EmpireMUD is also looking for builders who want to design and create content using our contextual in-game editors. EmpireMUD lets you edit crops, buildings, mobs, factions, and 20 other data types. It also includes a port of the DG Scripts scripting system.