StormHunters is a heavily (and actively) modified mud developed from the ACK!Mud codebase with a wide array of features that give it character and extra dimension.
It continues to be under active development, and has recently undergone major changes (Patch 2.0) that updated all of the top-tier classes, and integrated a number of player ideas.
* 21 races with backstory, benefits and special abilities
* 28 combat classes spread into four tiers (multiclass in up to 11)
* Execute melee skill combos with openers, bridges and finishers.
* Customize your equipment stats through enchantment to attain your ideal build
Gathering and Crafting
* 8 profession classes, each with unique recipes, skills and bonuses
* 200+ recipes to craft, some attainable only after becoming a dedicated crafter and tracking down lost scrollcases
* Improvement system to allow crafted items to remain relevant as you gain power
* 400 gathering levels, earned by locating shifting tradegood nodes all throughout the world
World & Exploration
* Over 100 areas to map out and conquer, including individual race hometowns.
* Avoid combat by being agile, outrunning enemies before they can catch up to you.
* Create a map as you explore the world, and gain experience for uncovering new areas
* Combat unique endgame areas with enhanced mudprog support that require a skilled group to complete
* Customize your equipment, keep and personal healer with limited in-game building commands.
* Account system that allows for single password sign-in to all your characters, and shares bank, storage and other features
* Achievement system that spans both character and account, giving points for simple and difficult tasks
* Record system tracks both personal and mudwide records for damage, healing, questing and others
* Hardcore mode that increases XP gain at the cost of permanent death
* 18 fun vanity pet collectibles that provide minimal combat boosts, but evolve as you gain strength
* Growing reader mode support, thanks to great input from screenreader users
* Integrated gambling game offers a unique take on a popular card game
* Create or join a clan, giving customizable equipment, clan hall, and private channel
* Earn experience and renown by killing other players in the optional PvP system, gaining levels and reputation
* Take on rival clans in a war system that automatically adjusts politics to active fighting
* Participate in free-for-all, team and clan deathmatches in a no-downside contest with excellent rewards
* Take a break from the grind by using the automated quest generator, which provides experience, gold, and crafting material in exchange for killing targets, retrieving items, or exploring areas.
* Compete with other players to locate stolen items in a realm-wide crusade system, earning big rewards
* In-game boards and an online discussion forum allow for central information hubs and patch notes to get your findings put directly on the development list
* Open and active Immortal team who will be happy to see you around!